Garmin Edge 520 Head Unit
Brought to you by Bicycle Centre Cannington
Starting with the aerodynamic form factor of the popular Edge 500, the 520 packs some awesome enhancements. Now with support for Strava live segments, you’ll always know exactly how you’re tracking as soon as you’ve completed a segment. The 2.3” colour display and Garmin’s connected capabilities, along with a range of advanced metrics make the 520 just the right-sized for competitive cyclists and packed with the all features you crave.
Edge 520 is the first bike computer that's compatible with Strava live segments and includes a 3-month trial of Strava Premium. With this membership, your starred Strava segments automatically sync with the 520 for live feedback during your ride. You'll also get alerts for segment start and finish and leaderboard rankings once you complete the segment
• Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let's say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedalling and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats. You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting resistance to match the elevation profile
• Pair it with a power meter and Edge 520 offers an additional set of features, like FTP and watts/kg tracking, so you can compare yourself to others, as well as cycling dynamics (only when used with Vector or Vector 2). A built-in FTP test helps you establish your baseline either on the trainer or on the road. Add heart rate and the 520 can derive your VO2 max estimate and post-ride recovery time, which indicates how long before you should attempt another hard effort
• Edge 520 compromises nothing when it comes to display - 2.3 inches of high-resolution colour. We maximized the display so you get the most live area in relation to the compact size of the 520. You'll also appreciate the screen clarity in all lighting conditions
• Edge 520 is compatible with optional ANT+ sensors, including Varia bike radar and lights, speed, cadence, heart rate, Edge and VIRB remotes and compatible weight scales. It also integrates with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems to display your current gear on the screen. Edge 520 is also compatible with ANT+ power meters, including the Vector series
• When paired with your compatible phone and the Garmin Connect Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone alerts, social media sharing, weather and wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect, our online community where you can save, plan and share your rides
• The compact, rugged form factor and 15+ hour battery life of Edge 520 make it ideal for off-road adventures. It's also compatible with GPS/GLONASS satellites, so you benefit from more signal options, wherever your ride takes you
• Includes new Time in Zone, FTP tracking, cycling-specific VO2 and recovery and cycling dynamics
• Train against a digital person
• Compete against previous activities
• Pauses and resumes timer based on speed. Can automatically start a new lap
• Cycles through data pages during workout
• Create custom, goal-oriented workouts
• Triggers alarm when you reach goal
• Set up exercise and rest intervals
• Heart rate-based (requires compatible heart rate monitor)
• Displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+ enabled power meters
• Displays and records temperature while you ride
• Online community where you analyse, categorize and share data
• Automatically transfers data to your computer
• Displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone
• Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting
- Item condition: New
- Availability: Buy online, In-store
- Brand: Garmin
- Category: Cycling Computers
- ID: 102752321
- Wireless: Wireless Unit
- Screen: Standard
- Maps: Not Included
- Cadence: Not Included
- Heart Rate Monitor: Not Included
- Power Meter Compatible: Yes
- NEW Garmin Edge 520 Head Unit
- LIVE Strava Segments
- GPS / GLONAS
- Live Tracking
- 6 Button control
• Weight - 60 g
• Dimensions - 49 x 73 x 21 mm (W x H x D)
• Water Resistance - IPX7
• Type - TFT LCD
• Resolution - 200 x 265 px
• Battery - internal rechargeable Li-ion
• Life - up to 15 hrs
• Internal - includes Basemap (does not accept data cards)
• Mapping - supports download of additional detailed maps (limited by memory)
• Onboard Memory ~ 54 MB
• History - 180 hours
• Waypoints - 200
• Routes - N/A
• GPS - high sensitivity receiver
• ANT+ - yes
• Bluetooth - 4.0 (Bluetooth Smart) for smartphone uploading and data transfer
Here at Bicycle Centre Cannington we are proud to help you find your dream bike. Whether you are looking to commute to work, join the local bunch, shred some trails or select your child's first bike, our range and price is sure to make your choice easier. We are here to help you choose the best bike and accessories for your needs, so please feel free to contact us at any time, by phone or email to see what we can do to help you.
Shipping & Delivery Policy
Products are delivered Australia wide using Australia Post (Registered Post). Shipping costs are influenced by the size and weight of the product and your location, exact shipping costs are calculated in the shopping cart and will be added to the order total before checkout.
Orders are dispatched within 2 business days and shipping times are estimated at between 3-10 business days depending on your location within Australia. Please be aware deliveries outside of metropolitan areas may take longer. This service will require your signature when the parcel is delivered. If you are not available at time of delivery, a card will be left for you to collect your parcel from the nearest Post Office.
Exchange, Returns, and Refunds Policy
Please choose carefully before you buy.
For faulty products, merchants offer a 14 DAY REPLACEMENT WARRANTY, from the date you receive your product. They do not offer a satisfaction guarantee on any of their products, however due to their high level of customer service, they will always endeavour to keep customers happy and satisfied.
If your product is faulty, it will be replaced with an identical product. If they cannot replace the product, they will offer you the option of choosing another product of the same value, or provide you with a refund for the total value of the faulty product.
Please note: Standard postage fees apply to all return orders. Where the return relates to a faulty item, the replacement product will be sent out to you, at no charge, within 5 working days from the date we receive the faulty product.
When returning your product, please make sure you provide the following details:
- Your full name
- Your order number
- Reason why you are returning the product
- Your instructions informing us how you would like the issue resolved.
Please include the original order confirmation or invoice you received with your product. Also, if you haven't previously provided a contact phone number, please include this with your return. This will ensure the issue is resolved quickly, should anyone need to contact you.